Last updated: April 27, 2022
amended terms on the Service. If we make material changes to this policy, we
will notify you by means of a notice on our announcements board and/or other
means so that you access and review the changes. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. By continuing to use the Service after notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the Service, you are deemed to have consented to the changes.
“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not personal information.
“Processing“ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information or on sets of personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to Us in person, by phone or in
writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
- when you visit and/or use the Service, in which case, we record
information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access
- from third parties such as Our related entities, service providers to
Us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the
- From third parties engaged to provide services, including but not limited to Segment, Mixpanel, and Airship. For information about those companies data retention policies please see their respective privacy policies.
What We Collect
- your name, user ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone
number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with Us or any other person
including when using Service communication tools;
- personal information you provide to us through any discussion boards,
correspondence, member information pages, disputes, or shared by you
from other social applications, services or websites;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by
or obtained from third parties including navigation and demographic data
and credit check information;
- additional personal information we ask you to provide to verify your
personal ID and your answers to any questions we pose to you);
- personal information from your interaction with the Service and its
content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type,
geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page
views, traffic to and from the Service, mobile network information,
time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad
data, IP address and standard web log data; and
Your Profile Information
You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Vampr including:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a professional nom de plume)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician (and your instrument(s)), an industry professional or other description)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- your gender if you choose to provide it
- your Profile Information will be published on your Profile on the application. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Service, and may be used by Us to exemplify our Service and the type of content accessible on the Service.
Information is not associated with you personally unless you have registered
an account with the Service.
We will not process personal information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, without you having provided that information on your profile.
We will not process genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of identifying you, health related data, or data related to your sexual orientation, without your explicit consent.
How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Service in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- operate the Service, generate content and provide customer support and
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of, and optimizing the content you see; analyzing our products, services, website, mobile application, and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our website, mobile application, and any other digital assets
- provide the Services requested by you and to respond to your inquiries;
- to allow users to identify each other by displaying Personal Information to other users and visitors of the Service
- to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Our Services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Service;
- detect, investigate and prevent potentially unlawful acts or omissions
or acts or omissions with the potential to breach our Terms and Conditions,
- to protect Our rights, property, or safety, and those of our employees, our users, or others, including by taking measures to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of
verification with third parties);
- combine or aggregate your personal information with information we
collect from third parties and use it for the purposes set out this
- contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice
call, post, text message or email;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it
cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or
otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Service and updates to the Service from time to
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing,
advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on
your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and
promotions based on your ad customisation preferences.
We use the Personal Information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make.
- To improve your experience of the Service by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- To customize the content and measure performance of any email, push notification, or in-app message we may send to you.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Vampr or its partners.
- Use automated systems and decision making to profile user characteristics and infer preferences based on information that you provide to us, your interactions with the Service and content, your profile information, and information obtained from third parties. This data is used to create groups of users, called segments, who share similar characteristics and interests; we use segments to serve personalized content, advertising, and marketing messages. We also use automated systems to associate your activity over time across devices, and may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID, in order to determine that certain devices are related to each other and provide you with a personalized experience across devices and platforms.
- Ads are known to be more effective when they are shown to people who are likely to be interested in the product or service advertised. For this reason, we may use the information we collect and receive to help us select which ads to show you on behalf of advertisers. This includes information you choose to provide to us and make available to us when you interact with the Service (e.g. by posting music links, my providing profile information, listening to others music, viewing other profiles, liking other profiles), as well as general location data. We may also display ads based on the page you’re on or content you have recently viewed, searched, or listened to. This allows us to show you ads that will likely be more relevant and interesting to you.
- When we engage third party services such as ad-networks and exchanges that enable us showing you targeted ads, we may also allow them to collect certain information such as cookie data and device identifiers. That information is used to synch or match users to segments and serve targeted advertising, including based on device activity, inferred interests, and general location information.
What Choices And Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the right to ask Vampr for confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Information, and if so, obtain access to the data and the following information:
- The purposes of processing;
- The types of data being processed;
- The recipients the data have been or will be disclosed to; and
- The expected data storage period, where possible.
You may object to having your Personal Information processed for the purposes of any direct marketing at any time by communicating this to us in writing at the email address below.
Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information that occurred before your withdrawal.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at the email address [email protected]
Disclosure to third parties
Notwithstanding the matters set out above, you agree that we may disclose
your personal information to:
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or
regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a member has violated the rights of
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- Our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related
- outsourced service providers who assist Us to provide its services such
as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in
relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Service
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us
sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other
defaults or breaches on your account); or
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by and in
such case, we will require that the new entity following the merger or
Sharing with other members
If you register as a user your user ID will be connected to all of your
activities on our Service and:
- the contents of your profile, your user ID and your profile picture (if
you upload one) will be shared with other members in our community;
- you may share personal information and other information with other
members in our community;
- your user ID will be connected to all your activities;
- if you comment on a Service blog, then those comments and your user ID
will be available to visitors to and users of the Service;
- notices sent to other members of Our community about suspicious activity
and breach of our policies may refer to user IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may be able to personally identify your activities;
- if you disclose your personal information to third parties (including members of this Service), you will also be subject to the privacy policies of that party. We do not control the use, storage or disclosure of that information by such third parties (nor their privacy policies), who may apply different privacy rules and practices. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose sensitive personal information to third parties;
- you agree to use other Service user’s personal information solely for:
- Our related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered by Us; or
- other purposes that a user expressly permits.
- If you access the Service from a shared device or a device of a third party (such as in an internet café), your personal information including your User ID, activity or reminders from Us, may also be available to other persons who access that device.
tags, “flash cookies”, or other local storage provided by your browser
or associated applications (each a Cookie and together Cookies). A
Cookie is a small file that stays on your computer or device until,
depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn
your computer or device off or it expires (typically between 7 and 30 days depending on user settings).
- Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including
to identify you as a user or member of the Service, remember your
preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Service and
our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Service, and for security purposes.
- Cookies may collect and store your personal information. This Privacy
Policy applies to personal information collected via cookies. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If Cookies are disabled, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of Our Services.
- You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Service that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor are we liable for the use of such Cookies.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type
activities, regardless of whether directed towards Us or other users of Us.
- You must not use the Service or it’s communication tools to send, upload
- You are not permitted to use personal information of other users without the written consent of that user.
- To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to Us, email us at [email protected]
Accessing and amending your personal information
- It is important that you protect your password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any
third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been comprised, you must immediately notify Us and change your password.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal information rectified without undue delay. You can access and amend much of your personal information by logging into your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate and up to date. We can only amend your personal information on your behalf if we are able to confirm your identity.
- You can request from us the personal data which you have previously provided in a commonly used and machine readable format.
Storage and security
- We store and process your personal information on our host’s servers,
currently located in multiply locations around the world. You consent to
the transfer, storage and retention of that information onto the servers
of our host provider used from time to time by Us, regardless of the
location of those servers.
- We have taken steps to protect your personal information by contracting
with a third party to provide technical and security measures. These
measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the
risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
- If you request us to do so, we will as soon as reasonably practicable close your Service account.
- We may also close, terminate or deactivate inactive accounts or accounts
on the Service but the login access to the account will be disabled as
soon as reasonably practicable after account closure, termination or
deactivation so that you and others cannot access the account.
- To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right under certain
situations to retain and store your personal information for such period
as is deemed necessary by Us, notwithstanding closure, termination or
deactivation of your account. Such situations include where we are
Right to Erasure
You have the right to have your personal information collected by Vampr erased without undue delay, but you may not be permitted to continue to use the Service or some of our services.
We have an obligation to erase your personal data without undue delay in the following circumstances:
- The personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected;
- You withdraw your consent; or
- For the purposes of compliance with a legal obligation(s).
We shall, upon your request, take reasonable steps to erase any personal data made public or provided to third parties for processing.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to have the processing of your Personal Information restricted in the following circumstances:
- Your personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected;
- You do not think the Personal Information is accurate; or
- You object to the processing of your Personal Information.
Information Sharing with Social Media
We may offer services that allow you to share public aspects of the Service
with third party websites such as Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
and other social media websites.
The Service is not directed to children under 13 years old. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and persons under 13 years of age should not submit any personal information to the Service.
United States Privacy Laws
Vampr is located in the United States. By providing your information, you consent to the processing of your information in the United States.
Jurisdiction Specific Provisions
Users in the European Economic Area, UK, and Switzerland
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws, users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), UK, and Switzerland have the right, under certain conditions, to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of their personal information; request restriction of processing; object to processing; withdraw consent from processing; and the right to data portability.
If you are in the EEA, UK and Switzerland and would like to exercise these rights, please email us at [email protected] pursuant to the ‘Right to Erasure’ section above. Please include the phrase “GDPR Request” in the subject line and provide us with your mailing address and state and country of residence.
Vampr only collects and processes personal information about you where it has lawful bases for doing so. The specific legal basis applied to the processing will depend on the context in which the personal information is being processed, including the service used and the type of personal information involved.
Vampr uses the following legal bases for processing:
- For the performance of a contract. We will process your personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations with you, such as to provide you with access to Our Services, to communicate with you regarding your use of Our Services, and to comply with our Terms and Conditions.
- For legitimate interests. We will process your personal information for our legitimate interests or those of others (as long as the processing is not outweighed by your data protection interests). This includes but is not limited to, preventing fraud and other abuse, ensuring the security of our website(s), App(s) and Service, protecting our legal rights and interests, conducting market research and product development, and for marketing purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations. We will process your personal information to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, court orders, and government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
- Consent. We will process your personal information when you have given us consent to do so, such as when you consent to receive certain communications from us.
If you’d like to withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your personal information, please email us as [email protected]
If you believe that we have not adequately addressed your concerns or wish to report an alleged infringement of applicable data privacy laws, you may file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Vampr is based in the United States and it stores, processes, and transfers information in and to servers and databases located in the United States. It may also store, process, and transfer information in and to servers in other countries depending on the location of its affiliates and service providers.
If you use our Services outside the United States, including in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By accessing our Services or otherwise giving us information, you consent to the transfer of information to the United States and other countries outside your country of residence.
We rely on legal bases to transfer information outside of the EEA, UK, and Switzerland. For example, transfers involving personal information of Members located outside the United States are necessary for the performance of the contract between Vampr and our Members, as established in our Terms and Conditions. With respect to the processing of information by our service providers on our behalf, we take all necessary steps required under applicable law to ensure that their transfer of information across borders is compliant with applicable law. This may include the use of EU model clauses or ensuring that the recipient is certified under the US-EU Privacy Shield framework.
Users in California
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the following rights:
Access. A business that collects a consumer’s personal information must, at or before the point of collection, inform the consumer as to the categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used. A business must disclose and deliver the personal information the business collected about the consumer in response to a verifiable consumer request.
Deletion. A business must delete the personal information the business collected about a consumer and direct service providers to delete the consumer’s personal information in response to a verifiable consumer request, subject to certain exceptions.
Anti Discrimination. A business must not discriminate against a consumer who exercises any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA. However, a business may charge different prices or provide a different quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data and may offer financial incentives to a consumer for the collection, sale, or deletion of personal information on a prior opt-in consent basis.
Opt-Out and Website Requirements. A business that sells consumers’ personal information to third parties needs to provide notice to consumers thereof and that consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. If the CCPA applies to a business that business must provide a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on its website homepage that links to a page on its website that enables a consumer to opt-out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA, email us at [email protected] above. Please specify which privacy right you’re exercising in the subject line (for example ‘CCPA Opt-Out) and provide us with your mailing address and state of residence.
Who we are
Our website address is https://vampr.me/academy/
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
LEARN DASH LMS
We collect information about you during the course purchase process (PayPal, Stripe, and/or 2Checkout), as well as information relating to your course progression and quiz performance.
What we collect and store
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide email address. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
–Send you information about your account and order
–Create your account for our LMS
If you register a free account then we will store your email address.
We store information about you for as long as your account exists.
We store course progress, including completion status, quiz scores, assignments and/or essay submissions (if applicable).
We will also store comments on courses, lessons, topics, assignments, and essays if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Group Leaders can access:
–Order information such as your enrolled courses, course progress and username/email address.
Any additional information added in your WordPress User Profile can also be visible to the administrator(s).
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.